TEC Series Washers are manufactured in a facility that strictly adheres to multiple ISO certification standards, and are thoroughly tested through the production cycle to ensure a high level of quality. All TEC Series products are fully RoHS compliant.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
TEC Series washers secure joints using tension rather than friction, as with traditional locking fasteners. TEC washers consist of a pair of washers with cams on one side and radial teeth on the other. The cam sides are joined together with a mild adhesive, and installed between the bolt head and/or nut and the joint material. During installation, the radial teeth cause one half of the washer to be seated to the bolt or nut, while the other half is seated to the joint material. When exposed to load or vibration, the bolt or nut will attempt to loosen. Since the radial teeth are seated to the mating surfaces, any movement in the loosening direction is forced between the cam. Because the cam angle (α) of the washers is greater than the thread pitch angle (β) of the bolt, a wedge effect is created by the cams, preventing the bolt or nut from rotating loose. Clamp load is maintained and the joint remains secure.
• Maintains clamp load in high vibration and load applications, thereby protecting the security of the joint
• Heavy duty, self-locking design
• For use with bolts up to Class 12.9, Grade 8
• Sizes from #8 (M4) to 1 3/8” (M36) in stock, available for immediate shipment
• Available in SCM435 Alloy Steel, 316L Stainless Steel, and 254 SMO Stainless Steel
• Provided in preassembled glued pairs
• Easy to install and remove with standard tools
• No retightening needed after installation
• Reusable - will not distort threads on bolt
• Vibration proof according to MIL-STD-1312-7/DIN 25201
• Lubrication does not impair the locking function of the washer
• Can be used reliably for joints with short clamp length
• Secures joints with high and low preloads
TEC Series wedge locking washers can be used to protect joint integrity in a wide variety of joint types, including:
Stud Bolt: Securely fastens nut in stud bolt applications eliminating the need for adhesives.